Tomato, basil, mozzarella salad drizzled with olive oil, s&p
Ina’s turkey lasagna http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/turkey-lasagna-recipe2/index.html
Green salad with lemon vinaigrette
Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry
1 lbs Flank Steak
3 tbsp Soy sauce
1 tbsp dry Sherry
2 Tbsp Chicken broth
5 tbsp Oyster sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp Sesame oil
1 tsp Cornstarch
6 medium garlic cloves
1 tbsp ginger
3 tbsp peanut oil/ veg oil
1 ¼ lbs broccoli cut into bite size
1/3 cup water
1 small bell pepper diced
3 medium scallions cut diagonal ½ inch thick
• Keep beef in freezer for 15 mins before slicing. Cut length wise into 2 inch pieces and then each piece across grain into thin slices not more than 1/4th inch
• Marinate the Beef in the soy sauce. Cover and refrigerate for 10 mins to an hour stirring once.
• Cut the vegetables
• Whisk Sherry, chicken broth, oyster sauce, sugar, sesame oil and cornstarch.
• Combine garlic, ginger and 1 ½ tsp oil in a different bowl.
• Heat 1 ½ tsp oil. Add ½ of the beef and cook without stirring. After 1 min turn the pieces and cook another 30 sec. Put aside in a bowl and cook the remaining beef.
• Add 1 tbsp oil. Add broccoli and cook for 30 sec. Add water, cover and cook on med low heat for about 2 mins or so and then transfer to a plate.
• Add 1 ½ tsp oil add bell pepper when hot. Stirring continuously for about 1 ½ mins.
• Clear center of the skillet and add the ginger and garlic paste and cook for 20 sec and then stir into peppers.
• Add beef and broccoli and stir.
• Add the sauce stirring continuously about 30 sec.
• Transfer to serving bowl sprinkle with scallions and serve
Halibut w/ pesto and arugula salad – http://overcocktails.blogspot.com/2009/04/halibut-dinner-in-10-15-minutes.html
Turkey burgers with goat cheese and red pepper relish (I use way less lemon zest/juice and more cayenne pepper in the relish) I leave omit goat cheese for shredded cheddar in the kids turkey burgers.