If you can’t tell, we are on an Asian food-kick currently.
Sunday – twins birthday dinner
BBQ pork ribs
Grilled panzenella salad– http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/greek-panzanella-recipe/index.html
Corn with chili lime butter – http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/roasted-corn-with-chili-lime-butter-recipe/index.html
Corn bread from Trader Joe’s – adding frozen corn and serving with homemade honey butter (bring butter to room temp, add some honey, mold it back into shape and refrigerate)
Surprise dessert courtesy of Nicki
Coconut rice – 1 cup of white rice with 1 1/4 cups light coconut milk and 1/2 cup water.
THAI CITRUS TOFU KEBOBS:
• 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
• 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
• 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1 tablespoon minced ginger
• 2 packages (14 oz each) extra-firm tofu, drained
• 1 navel orange, unpeeled
• 1/4 pound snap peas
• 2 oz fresh shiitake mushrooms
• Vegetable oil cooking spray
1. Combine soy sauce, juices, honey and ginger in a baking dish; whisk until honey dissolves. Cut each block of tofu into twelve 1 1/2-inch pieces and place in a single layer in dish, spooning some marinade over tofu. Marinate at least 20 minutes (or overnight, if desired), turning tofu once halfway through. Cut orange into 1/4-inch-thick slices, then cut each slice into 4 wedges. Thread orange wedges, peas, mushrooms and tofu on 8 skewers. Coat grill with cooking spray and heat on medium-high. Place skewers in a single layer on grill. Cook until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve immediately.
Beer marinated flank steak with Aji (thanks, Colleen!) http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Beer-Marinated-Flank-Steak-with-Aji-and-Guacamole-353782
Wednesday – Out
Slanted Door SF Restaurant Slanted Door Chicken Recipe – easy and so good!
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup water
3 TBSP rice vinegar
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
1 tsp ground pepper
2 fresh Thai chiles, halved
1 TBSP canola oil
1 shallot, thinly sliced
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
4 cilantro sprigs
1) in small bowl, combine the brown sugar, water, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, pepper and chiles.
2) heat the oil in a large, deep skillet. Add the shallots and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the sauce mixture and the chicken and simmer over high heat until the chicken is cooked through, about
Transfer to a bowl and garnish with cilantro. Serve with rice.
Steamed snow peas
Salmon rice bowl – http://www.dinneralovestory.com/salmon-rice-bowl/
Spinach pesto meatball soup (I use turkey meatballs from Trader Joe’s) http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipe/soups/spinach-pesto-meatball-soup/